Why You Should Adopt the Combination of Microlearning and Mobile Learning for your company.
In this article, your will learn the benefits of the combination of microlearning and mobile learning/mLearning.
By Asha Pandey-
Microlearning, as the name suggests, is a series of short, bite-sized learning nuggets. However, they are not just shortened versions of the traditional eLearning topics (that is, not eLearning lite)
- They are designed to meet a specific learning outcome.
- They normally have a short run length (between 2–5 mins and not exceeding 7 mins).
The demand for microlearning-based training has always been there. Although it is in the last few years, L&D teams have seen its value, particularly in:
- Offsetting the challenges of short attention spans.
- Fit in training on the job.
- Higher completion rates.
Key Highlights of learning “on the go”
- It offers access to learning assets anytime and anywhere.
- It is designed to empower learners. They can choose the pace at which they want to consume the content, and when they want to.
- Mobile learning features a multi-device support, so the same course is available to the learners across devices (from desktops/laptops to tablets/smartphones). Thereby, it offers learners the flexibility to learn on the device of their choice.
- While we may be connected to the internet most of the time, we sometimes need the flexibility to learn even when we are offline. Mobile learning solutions also address this need.
- Mobile learning techniques can be applied to most of the corporate training needs. These include diverse training needs like induction and onboarding, soft skills, professional skills, compliance and so on.
- Furthermore, mobile learning is a great fit to offer Performance Support Tools that bring in specific learning aids to learners at the moment of their need.
Why Should You Adopt The Combination Of Microlearning And Mobile Learning/mLearning In 2018?
Microlearning and mobile learning/mLearning make great companions, and you can use them to multiply the impact of your training delivery.
- Short nuggets (microlearning) can be taken on the go(on smartphones or tablets that are an integral part of mobile learning).
- This is not all; there are additional gains that you will see when you use the combination of microlearning and mobile learning/mLearning. You will be able to:
- Offer a better learning experience.
- Provide learning as a continuum (in contrast to discrete, traditional eLearning).
- Offer personalized learning.
- Leverage on trending approaches like gamification, videos, interactive videos, and so on.
- See a significant impact on the mandate of performance gain.
- Obtain higher completion rates.
- See a higher probability of users revisiting and reviewing collateral when they have the need.
- Achieve an increase in the application of acquired knowledge.
I hope this article gives you the required insights on why you should adopt the combination of microlearning and mobile learning/mLearning in 2018. With this combination, you will be able to see more engaged learners and higher impact training.
By Asha Pandey
About the author:
Asha Pandey is the Chief Learning Strategist at EI Design. She brings her rich 16 years’ experience into play to help EI Design customers transform their learning and keep pace with the changing dynamics in the Learning industry.
Are you ready for learning “on the go”? Share your thoughts in the comments below.